Daniel R. Schramm Principal
Preeminent-Rated Missouri Appellate Attorney, Business and Estate Planning Lawyer
I am a native of St. Louis. As an attorney, I have been engaged in private as well as public practice. I served as an attorney for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency from 1980 to 1981 and as Assistant Attorney General for the State of Missouri from 1981 to 1985. I then joined Schramm & Pines, L.L.C. in 1985 and spent the next 15 years there. I worked for nearly two years with Edwards, Singer, Schramm, Watkins & Spoenman, L.L.P., and then opened my solo firm in 2001. I joined the firm of Timothy E. Hayes & Associates, LC in 2007, leaving in 2010 to re-launch my solo practice.
My peers have graciously endorsed my legal abilities and adherence to ethical standards with a peer review of “preeminent.” My clients have responded similarly.
The most unique aspect of my practice is my commitment to preparing persuasive trial and appellate briefs. I have written JD Supra articles on the subjects of appellate brief writing and drafting a motion for summary judgment. I also have written articles on other legal topics.
- Missouri, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2008
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, 1978
- B.A., magna cum laude, Colgate University, 1975
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 5.0 out of 5.0 Client Rating in Litigation, Trusts and Estates
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- Judicial Division, Council of Appellate Lawyers
- Legal Writing Institute
- Maryville University, Simon School of Business, 2000 – 2006; 2011 – 2014
- St. Louis University School of Law, 2001 – 2016
- University of Missouri — St. Louis, College of Business Administration, 2000 – 2007
- Batka v. Batka, 171 S.W.3d 757 (Mo.Ct.App. 2005)
- Blue Pool Farms, LLC v. Basler, 239 S.W.3d 687 (Mo.Ct.App. 2007)
- Courtney v. Courtney, 458 S.W.3d 462 (Mo.Ct.App. 2015)
- Dept. of Soc. Service, Div. of Medical Services v. Little Hills Healthcare, L.L.C., 236 S.W.3d 637 (Mo.banc 2007)
- Driemeyer v. Leahy, 471 S.W.3d 402 (Mo.Ct.App. 2015)
- Hill v. Hill, 53 S.W.3d 114 (Mo.banc 2001)
- Hughes v. Hughes, 505 S.W.3d 458 (Mo.Ct.App. 2016)
M.L.G. v. R.W., 406 S.W.3d 115 (Mo.Ct.App. 2013)
- Panzau v. JDLB, Inc., 169 S.W.3d 122 (Mo.Ct.App. 2005)
- Perez v. Abbott, 140 S.W.3d 283 (Mo.Ct.App. 2004)
- Ponz v. Guirl, 794 S.W.2d 699 (Mo.Ct.App. 1990)
- Scott Family Props. v. Mo. Hwys. & Transp. Comm’n, 2017 U.S. App. LEXIS 1693 (8th Cir. Jan. 31, 2017)
- Spirco Environmental, Inc. v. American Intern. Specialty Lines Ins. Co., 555 F.3d 637 (8th Cir. 2009)
- State ex rel. M Humphrey v. Provaznik, 854 S.W.2d 810 (Mo.Ct.App. 1993)
- Ullrich v. CADCO, Inc., 244 S.W.3d 772 (Mo.Ct.App. 2008)
- Woodard v. Woodard, 201 S.W.3d 557 (Mo.Ct.App. 2006)
Knowledge. Communication. Persuasion.
Let Daniel R. Schramm, L.L.C. handle your appellate, business law and estate planning matters. Call my Chesterfield, MO law firm at 888.353.3211 or contact me online to discuss your case. I look forward to speaking with you.